Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Home and a Clean Ride

A sneak peak of our new home. Jesse and I downgraded from a two bedroom and one bath apartment to a one bedroom and one bath house. It is technically a garage of a larger home (see the house that has the A bubble on it) that was converted into a rental space. We are excited about living in a more condensed space for many reasons: not connected to anyone else, for our finances  and the lower impact on the environment. I will include interior pictures in a later post and show some space saving ideas that we are using to maximize our new dimensions!
(Thank you Google Maps)

On another note, I wanted to point out that I hand washed my car this weekend. I tried to take a few green steps in this endeavour. I parked in the grass of my parent's house so the soapy water would not be added to the sewer system and I used biodegradable soap. Whatever flows into our storm drains here in Tacoma goes straight (no treatment) into local lakes, rivers, streams and the Puget Sound.  Thanks, Mom, for letting me use your lawn and the idea that is better for the environment!
My car- Doesn't she look great? 

No comments:

Post a Comment